Thursday, November 20, 2014

Mister Roberts

Mister Roberts is a comedy-drama that was made in 1955. It was directed by John Ford and written by Frank Nugent. The movie stars Henry Fondra as "Mister Roberts", James Cagney as "Capt. Morton", William Powell as "Doc.",  and Jack Lemmon as "Frank Pulver".

I liked this movie. I believe it was well written and had a great plot. Even though the movie took place during World War Two, and it had no action in it, I believe it still was a great movie. I thought that the movie had many funny scenes such as when Mister Roberts throws the Captains palm tree off the ship because they are fed up with the Captain. I do believe that the ending was a little sad, but it showed that the crew on the ship loved and cared for Mister Roberts.

No comments:

Post a Comment